How you can help the Afghan Youth Peace Volunteers: Help Afghan Youth Peace Volunteers Get Their Visas to Visit U.S.

The Afghan Youth Peace Volunteers have applied for visas to come to the States to speak about their work at schools and churches, but so far the visas have been denied by the Obama administration.  Here are steps you can take:

1. Urge your elected representatives to send a letter urging the U.S. Embassy to reconsider their decision.  Contact your representative and senators here:

Email ralphlopez AT hotmail DOT com for more details if you have a representative interested in supporting AYPV. The more elected representatives that send letters, the greater the chance that the U.S. Embassy will reverse their visa denial.

2.  Call and write the White House to allow the Afghan Youth Peace Volunteers to get visas.  

The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500
Please include your e-mail address
Phone Numbers

Comments: 202-456-1111
Switchboard: 202-456-1414
FAX: 202-456-2461

Also post to the White House Facebook page:!/WhiteHouse

3. Contact Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and demand the reversal of the State Department's decision

U.S. Department of State
2201 C Street NW
Washington, DC 20520
Main Switchboard:

Refer the officials to the AYPV website, here:

Also please, if you can,  forward a copy of your message  to ralphlopez AT hotmail DOT com so that we can track the campaign and deliver your messages en masse.  Thank you!

Finally, the exit of American troops in Afghanistan should leave Afghans with something in the form of reparations for the decade of neglect of the reconstruction in favor of making brutal war.  The equivalent of one month of military spending should be placed in trust for the honest and competent Afghan National Solidarity Program, run by Afghans, for Afghans.  Please help us lobby for this.

More information on reconstruction at